Friday, March 23, 2007

Angela Gets Embarrassed

I went to Walgreen's tonight to buy whipped cream BECAUSE I am going to make chocolate and cinnamon coffee and I wanted whipped cream to put on top of it. So, I bring my can of whipped cream and my little pile of Ghirardelli chocolate that I just couldn't walk past (3 for a buck, happiness!) up to the check out and dump it all on the counter. There was a man, a nice, normal, respectable-looking adult behind the counter. We say hey, how are you, that sort of thing. Now, I don't know how you can say this without sounding incredibly creepy and I-want-in-your-pants-ish, but he did. He picks up the can, looks at me, and goes,

"Ooh, whipped cream. That's always good."

Oh lord. I blushed and smiled, I couldn't help it! (I know, me, blushing, of all people, can you imagine?) "Yeah."

And the amazing thing was, this guy was not being creepy at all! I don't know how he managed to get the point across that he thought I was using my whipped cream for scandalous activities and not sound scary at the same time, but he did. He was a nice man. And he embarrassed me.

And then...isn't it sad that when you buy a dessert topping, people automatically assume that you intend to have someone lick it off your body? Hmm. How society degenerates. ::shakes head::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home