Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Prize Fighters

Atlas and I are awesome fighters. We don't call each other names, and we always work it out in 48 hours or less, because we luuuuuv each other and are relationship peaceniks. (Although we sometimes place blame and we do tend to get mean. But hey, you have to do something wrong, that's how it becomes a fight!)

We talked this afternoon, Day 2 of the stand-off. It definitely wasn't an instant make-up that quickly dissolved into intense sex, that's for sure. We seem to have polar opposite perceptions of what the topic of the argument even is. However, we have come to tentative terms. I used an awesome restaurant analogy. We held each other tight and kissed like first kisses.

There is still a quiet between us. However slim, the space is noticeable. He said he'll call me tomorrow, meaning not tonight, not before he falls asleep.

I feel better, but not good. Not comforted or comfortable. But I know I am going to fight for this. I don't want to lose us. I realized today, Atlas is not only holding up my skies, he is the very sunshine filtering through them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home