Monday, September 29, 2008

See, Here's the Thing...

Saturday Night
I may have still been a little drunk, but on the way home I decided I would still marry you.

Which is stupid, of course.

There's nothing special about you. No, there is, but there's nothing special about your interaction with people....... Here's what I'm trying to say: Everybody thinks they have a special connection with you for --whatever-- reason, but they don't. It's you that's special, not them or your connection. You're special because you can make every fucking person feel that way. It doesn't mean a goddamn thing.

Which is maybe a good excuse for why I love you. Because I "have" to. Because everyone does. It's default. But you make us all think it's something unique and amazing; you make us feel like God for endlessly loving you in spite of the screwdrivers you twist in guts (without even trying). You're so fucked up. You're a bloody mess and you know it and it matters and it doesn't and mostly I wish I could KICK YOU OUT of my mind, but YOU LIVE THERE (I don't even have a rental property in yours.) and I LOVE YOU, I BLOODY FUCKING LOVE YOU! I don't even know what the point of this is anymore, but whether or not I have a good excuse for it, I love you. Fine. Okay? Damn it.

You're the goddamned epitome of human existence. You just do it so well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home