Wednesday, September 03, 2008

His Apartment Smelled Like Indian Food

I found an ex-boyfriend of mine on the internet today, and while I had a photo of him up on the screen, my little sister came up beside me and peered over my shoulder. I asked her what she thought. She said, "Well, his hair is very short, and he looks weird." I laughed and asked her what she thought was weird about him. She thought for a moment and then, the crown jewel:

"He looks sinister."

Ha! I shrieked in glee and told her what a great eye she has. Sinister! So true!

Well, actually I always choose the word "condescending" as the perfect linguistical expression of this man, but "sinister" is not bad at all...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dying over this! Somewhere inside little Mom-ified Julie, we have left our mark...

September 07, 2008 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby Bird!
I don't think I even knew the word sinister when I was her age. I probably would've said "He looks like a poophead." I'm not very confident in my younger self.
Then again, I don't know what I'd say because I haven't seen the picture. My email is bartskull@gmail.com =)

September 14, 2008 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home