Thursday, August 28, 2008

i see the crystal vision

Last night I dreamed about the moat around the sandcastle my little sister and I made at the beach.

Then I dreamed about moving into an apartment right next to Julian Roberts, who I thought it would be fun to spy on (something I have no desire whatsoever to do in real life). Then a boy I hadn't known very long called me on the telephone and broke up with me. Apparently he had decided the day before he didn't want to go out with me anymore, but waited to tell me. Hmmm. Sound familiar?

Funny how your subconscious stores information your upper mind absolutely cannot recall no matter how much it wants to, or how hard it tries. Sometimes it slips in details your alert self wasn't even aware it ever knew. In real life I used to worry about how I couldn't remember what Julian Roberts looked like. To the point where, upon leaving his apartment, I'd be unable to conjure up his face before I even reached the bus stop. But when he walked past the window in my dream, there he was perfectly, even down to the shape of his hair and the color in his cheeks. Last week I dreamed of discovering John Wise working at a convenience store Crystal and I bopped into, and it was just like I was sitting next to him in art class again. I haven't seen that kid in over two years. Whenever I dream of H., everything is exact in a way that tends to freak me out upon waking, I'm talking down to stuff like voice inflections and body temperature. Bizarre. When I dream of the Rose I can never quite see his face clearly, but his clothing, his movements and his social nuances, are all living, breathing Adam Rose.

The mind is such a strange and awesome thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home