Sunday, October 22, 2006

At Least I'm Not Puking!

I am so very, very sick.

First my throat hurt. Then my chest was congested. Then my throat was on fire, and I had a hard time falling asleep that first night because I had to swallow and I had to cough but it hurt so bad it made me cry. I also lost my voice. Now my throat is almost completely better -thank goodness! that was so painful- ...but now my nose is stuffy, my eyes are watering, I have a headache, I'm still coughing, my voice is still vacationing in Hawaii and I think I might have a fever. I am exhausted. I feel really bad.

There is so much homework I'm not getting done. Blagh, but that opens up a whole new can of worms. So let's just leave it at: I sure hope I feel better on Monday.

So many girls in the dorm are sick. Out of our little posse of 7, only 1 (I think) hasn't been ill. We've all been eating very unbalanced diets consisting almost solely of pasta, bread, and rice. Our immune systems are down. Plus, it's winter. (Tell me, what is it about this season that makes everyone get sick? It's de facto, but... why?)

It's pretty crummy 'cause there's no one to make me tea and soup and hug me and insist that I lie down. Everybody needs to be taken care of when they are sick, I have decided. I remember when I got sick when I was little, I would lay on the couch in my pjs and my blankets, and my mom would sit next to me, and make me drink water through a straw out of a paper cup (always) to make sure I didn't get dehydrated....

Heh.

I know worse things could happen and have happened; I'm not saying the world sucks because I don't feel good. But being sick on top of everything else is just not helping, and besides, this is my blog, and I reserve the right to wallow on it.

That said, I need to get off the computer and stop leaving my germy fingerprints on the mouse and keyboard.

Send me some good energy if you're reading, if you think about it...

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

People get sick in the winter because the winter season means two things:

School starts--so you're around a lot more people and you're living in close quarters with new people who could be sickly and kill you.

It's really cold--so everybody goes inside and breathe their germy air all over you.

And: ENERGYenergyEnErGy!

October 23, 2006 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home