Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I am taking Tess's advice and just writing. And I will try my very best not to apologize.

These past two days have made me think of a When Harry Met Sally quote:

"Have you been sleeping? 'Cause, I haven't been sleeping. Last night I was up at four in the morning watching Leave It To Beaver in Spanish. 'Buenos dias senor Cleaver. Donde estan Wallace y Theodore?'"

Except it wasn't Leave It To Beaver, it was Dr. Know. Yes, Dr. Know, the smiling, water balloon-shaped, experimenting goblin of the Discovery Health Channel. And it wasn't 4AM, either. Worse: in the past 53 hours, I've only been asleep for...maybe 6 of them.

I'm exhausted but I feel like I'm on speed and can't slow down. This situation has given birth to a rush of new poems, however, so I'm not complaining. Today was a one-poem day; nevertheless, I am absolutely elated. After who knows how many no-poem days... It is water suddenly running again through the rusty old fountain that is me.

Mm, orientation in eight short hours. I hope I can get some sleep tonight...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you still in nashville? cuz i was going to mail you the picture of the boy you hugged, but i'll wait until i know where you are.

Sarah

September 09, 2006 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home