Monday, July 07, 2008

Roses are Red

So, Germany, eh? When were you planning on telling me this? Oh, right. You weren't. Okay.

I'd always figured it would happen like this. I'd even correctly guessed a number of details to the point where it seems a bit eerie. But one detail I hadn't picked correctly was the date. I thought I still had some time. At the least, a few months. I didn't expect it now.

So you've done it again. Another one of those things where "if I'd have just seen it coming..." I would've been able to handle it. But in keeping with recent tradition, you blindsided me. Fucking sideswiped me, out of the blue. Set me spinning, dizzy from surprise.

You got me again!

Are you happy? Yeah, you're happy. You win. You've got all the power, the upper hand, and you can crack me wide open but I can't lay a finger on your precious hide.

Katelin heralded me of the news, and when we got off the phone I went up to my old bedroom and sobbed for about an hour; this including a chat with my mother who was woken up from her bedroom next door on account of my crying so loud. They were a strange sort of tears, too. I don't think I've ever cried like that before. Ache ache ache. Happy? Are you happy now? Of course you're happy.

Well, I want you to be happy. But not like this.

So?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home