Thursday, March 19, 2009

i don't really understand schrodinger's cat

Today a girl with a thick European accent came into work asking for directions to Dayton. Her eyes were very pretty in an understated way.

"If I go this way to 2...40?"

"270?" I offer, and her eyes light up in recognition.

But of course, always horrid with directions, I wasn't much more help than that. When she tried to open one of the maps and was confused as to why it was sealed shut, I pointed out that she'd have to buy one if she wanted to use it.

"Oh! In Germany you don't have to buy." Of course I thought of Adam Rose, feeling a little bit guilty for the last contact we'd had, missing him a little.

But of course I couldn't repress a little inward snort, too. I would run into the German going to Dayton.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tess Schmaltz said...

I know the directions to Dayton! Drove them many times....

March 19, 2009 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home